Casa de la Cultura - Cortijo San José

 

Casa de la Cultura - Cortijo San José

Housed in a building whose construction took two years. Opened by the engineer Raúl Sánchez Díaz, governor of the state, May 31, 1970. The owners of Canvas Charro and Cortijo San Jose were the brothers Ignacio and Jose Alvarez Malo. Called "Joseph" at Cortijo because of the name of his grandfather, Jose Alvarez Malo. El Cortijo was also a school, then worked as a School of Bullfighting.

One of the students graduated from this school was the bulfighter Raquel Martinez. In 1998 it opened as Casa de la Cultura of Playas de Tijuana, Cortijo San Jose. The resort features murals painted by the painter Jose Maria de Servin, a native of Guadalajara. It is located next to the Delegation of Playas de Tijuana and is one of the buildings representative of the area. The style is Spanish colonial hacienda with touch and ranching. It has gallery Alvarez Malo, 12 meeting rooms for classes, a charro, two courtyards and two ballrooms. It offers courses, workshops, exhibitions, many activities and performances. Hosts the National Youth Orchestra of Baja California.

Price:
$$
Address: 
Av. del Agua 777, Sección Jardines
Playas de Tijuana
22504  Tijuana  Baja California
Mexico
Phone Number: 
(664) 630-1825

See location on map